Happy New Year! It is 2014. I like the sound of it. It sounds a bit more exciting than 2013 or maybe I’m projecting. But say it out loud. Seriously. It’s got a kick to it.
And since this is a new year, I must resolve to try harder and be better and mean it this time. There are many things I would like to accomplish in the coming 364 days, in addition to the work I am already doing, and I would like to declare it before the whole internet:
- Writing on the regular, both fiction (i.e., revising my novel [lol novels] and writing short stories) and updating this very blog.
- Read at least 40 books (I felt like this was manageable).
- Making at least one new recipe every week.
- Writing in my journal every night (no matter how sleepy I am).
- More travel (New York and Vancouver could be a good start. I also have pipe dreams including California and New Orleans and Scotland. Also England. Again. I can’t have enough England).
- Singing and making music.
- Be more positive.
That last one is kind of a big deal for me. I have a slightly pessimist disposition and I tend to stand in my own way. No longer! I want to put bad thoughts and anxiety behind me and focus on what I can do and will accomplish.
I am looking forward to this year and I hope you are as well. Until next time!
One thought on “Twenty Fourteen”
All the Love!!